What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A comprehensive plan examines future possibilities and establishes a defined direction for the community. When adopted it serves as the official roadmap guiding development and land use policies in Jasper. It not only examines land use policy and objectives, it includes a broad range of issues, including transportation, community facilities, utilities & infrastructure, parks, environmental assets, downtown, the Patoka Riverfront, quality of life, and more. The purpose of this effort is to make a positive IMPACT on the community by planning and creating change and growth versus reacting to change.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are many ways to get involved and provide input during the planning process.
- Follow the project website (www.ImpactJasper.com) and our Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/ImpactJasperPlan)
- Contact the Community City of Jasper’s Department of Community Development & Planning to get involved in the implementation of the plan.
How Will the City Use the Plan?
The final plan will include an overarching vision statement, broad goals and objectives to accomplish over the next ten years, as well as specific action steps to be completed. Ultimately the plan will be referenced:
- When creating or adjusting new programs or policies
- For the prioritization of infrastructure projects
- For tools and funding sources that are available for implementing recommendations
- When support is in place for public improvements
- For property rezonings
- When creating yearly budgets
- When unanticipated changes occur
- When new ideas are introduced to ensure they align with the overaching vision