The Impact Jasper Comprehensive Plan began in June of 2018 and was developed over the course of 14 months. The final plan examines future possibilities and establishes a defined direction or vision for the community. The adopted plan serves as the official roadmap, guiding development and growth in Jasper.
This plan not only examines land use policy and objectives, it includes a broad view of Jasper including transportation, community facilities, utilities & infrastructure, park, environmental assets, downtown, the Patoka Riverfront, quality of life, and more. The purpose of this effort was to make a positive IMPACT on the community by planning and creating change and growth versus reacting to change.
What is a Comprehensive Plan?
A comprehensive plan examines future possibilities and establishes a defined direction for the community. When adopted it serves as the official roadmap guiding development and land use policies in Jasper. It not only examines land use policy and objectives, it includes a broad range of issues, including transportation, community facilities, utilities & infrastructure, parks, environmental assets, downtown, the Patoka Riverfront, quality of life, and more. The purpose of this effort is to make a positive IMPACT on the community by planning and creating change and growth versus reacting to change.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are many ways to get involved and provide input during the planning process.
- Follow the project website (www.ImpactJasper.com) and our Facebook page (www.Facebook.com/ImpactJasperPlan)
- Contact the Community City of Jasper’s Department of Community Development & Planning to get involved in the implementation of the plan.
How Will the City Use the Plan?
The final plan will include an overarching vision statement, broad goals and objectives to accomplish over the next ten years, as well as specific action steps to be completed. Ultimately the plan will be referenced:
- When creating or adjusting new programs or policies
- For the prioritization of infrastructure projects
- For tools and funding sources that are available for implementing recommendations
- When support is in place for public improvements
- For property rezonings
- When creating yearly budgets
- When unanticipated changes occur
- When new ideas are introduced to ensure they align with the overaching vision
The Jasper Impact Plan will cover a variety of topics in Jasper that IMPACT the overall quality of life. It is anticipated that the comprehensive plan document will contain general inventories, analyses and recommendations for the following elements and topics. Each element or topic will be vetted through a public engagement process. It is anticipated that the elements to be addressed as part of this planning effort include:
- Demographic & Socioeconomic Analysis
- Market Analysis
- Vision, Goals & Objectives
- Land Use
- Transportation (both multi-use as well as local & regional impacts related to Mid States Corridor analysis)
- Utilities, (both Commercial and Residential improvement as well as treatment or source improvements)
- Community Facilities
- Housing & Neighborhoods
- Parks & Recreation, Environmental Assets & Public Spaces
- Economic Development
- Downtown (CBD) & Patoka Riverfront Redevelopment
- Quality of Life, History & Character and Community Facilities
- Implementation & Action Steps